The Friends continue to fundraise for equipment for The Royal Hospital Donnybrook
You can donate by Debit or Credit Card Phone 01 497 1921
By Direct Transfer:
NAME: Friends of the Royal Hospital Donnybrook
IBAN: IE71 BOFI 9013 5141 4669 07
REF: Please ensure to put your name in as the reference
By Post: Friends of RHD, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4
Our Events for 2022 are as follows:
- 31st Annual Golf Day 24th May 2022 – Elm Park Golf Club
- Herbert Park Vintage Car Show – Sunday 5th June. This event is run by James Cullen in aid of FRHD
- Family Fun Day with Beechwood Footbal Club – 11th June 2022
- Ladies Fundraising Lunch in The Merrion Hotel Friday 30th September 2022
- Robin Simpson Memorial Walk – Glendalough Saturday, 1st October 2022
What Happened in 2021
- Fundraising Bridge virtual event run by John Coulter, President of Milltown Golf Club Bridge.
- 30th Annual Golf Day in Elm Park Golf Club raising almost €40,000
- Friends 2nd Ladies Lunch in The Merrion Hotel raising €32,500
The Friends provided tablets to patients and residents so that they could have visual calls with family and friends.
A visitation Co-Ordinator was appointed to allow for safe visitation and a Marquee was in place for 3 months which allowed for more visits and exercise classes for residents and staff alike.
The Friends approved funding for The Scholars Program.
A new Music Therapy trial was approved and commenced in January 2022
What Happened in 2020?
Physio Gym Project
In 2020, funds that were raised went towards the refurbishment and upgrading of the Gym in the Physiotherapy Department. Well done to Elaine Ross the department manager for driving this project. Physio Gym Project 2020 (click to view)
We took delivery of a new Peugeot Boxer Van and it has been sent to be converted into a Wheelchair Accessible Bus. This bus was funded by the proceeds from our 2019 Annual Golf Day.
In February 2020 the Coffee Shop was painted and supplied with new tables and chairs. The concourse area was also treated to some new furniture.
In May we took delivery of Tanita which is a scales which gives multi-frequency body composition analysis
The COVID Pandemic Restrictions made it very difficult for Residents, Patients and Staff in RHD to keep up good sprits when Visitors were not allowed to visit relatives and friends. We were delighted to supply 20 x 10″ tablets to the wards so that communications could be visual for everyone.
Our 2019 Family Fun Day raised enough money to refurbish two of the family rooms in the hospital. This will be completed when COVID restrictions are lifted sufficiently to allow works to be carried out.
Our Fundraising Events for 2020 were:
- Robin Simpson Memorial Walk in Glendalough – Saturday 25th April 2020 POSTPONED
- Family Fun Day with Beechwood Junior and Adult 5 Aside Football tournament – Saturday 6th June 2020 CANCELLED
- Ladies Fundraising Lunch Friday 18th September 2020 CANCELLED
- 29th Annual Golf Day Tuesday 6th October 2020 – A great success while maintaining social distance under the Level 3 Guidelines.
- Christmas Carols for patients, their families and friends Sunday 6th December 2020 – CANCELLED
Over the years the friends have donated lots of new equipment…
Andago Gait Trainer
High Support Wheelchairs