The Friends continue to fundraise for equipment for The Royal Hospital Donnybrook
You can donate by Debit or Credit Card Phone 01 497 1921
By Direct Transfer:
NAME: Friends of the Royal Hospital Donnybrook
IBAN: IE71 BOFI 9013 5141 4669 07
REF: Please ensure to put your name in as the reference
By Post: Friends of RHD, Morehampton Road, Dublin 4
Our Events for 2023 are as follows:
What Happened in 2022
- 31st Annual Golf Day in Elm Park Golf Club raising €38,000
- Friends 3rd Ladies Lunch in The Merrion Hotel raising €33,000. This funded a new bespoke medical vehicle for the hospital
- Herbert Park Classic Vintage Car Show run by James Cullen in aid of The Friends raised €19,500
- Beechwood Family Fun Day raised €4,200
- Robin Simpson Memorial Walk organised by Nuala O’Farrell and her committee raised €14,000
- Celebrity Chef event run by Rory Morahan raised just over €20,000
The Friends funded the weekly music therapy for the year and continues to do so.
A bursary for resident and patient activities
Trishaw Bike enabling patients to get out into the fresh air
Four Motomed Bikes for the physiotherapy department.
An upgraded Audio system for the Concert Hall.
The Friends approved funding for The Scholars Program in 2022 and now two of the RHD staff have taken up this opportunity.
What Happened in recent years
Physio Gym Project
In 2020, funds that were raised went towards the refurbishment and upgrading of the Gym in the Physiotherapy Department. Well done to Elaine Ross the department manager for driving this project. Physio Gym Project 2020 (click to view)
We took delivery of a new Peugeot Boxer Van and it has been sent to be converted into a Wheelchair Accessible Bus. This bus was funded by the proceeds from our 2019 Annual Golf Day.
In February 2020 the Coffee Shop was painted and supplied with new tables and chairs. The concourse area was also treated to some new furniture.
In May we took delivery of Tanita which is a scales which gives multi-frequency body composition analysis
The COVID Pandemic Restrictions made it very difficult for Residents, Patients and Staff in RHD to keep up good sprits when Visitors were not allowed to visit relatives and friends. We were delighted to supply 20 x 10″ tablets to the wards so that communications could be visual for everyone.
Our 2019 Family Fun Day raised enough money to refurbish two of the family rooms in the hospital. This will be completed when COVID restrictions are lifted sufficiently to allow works to be carried out.
Our Fundraising Events for 2020 were:
- Robin Simpson Memorial Walk in Glendalough – Saturday 25th April 2020 POSTPONED
- Family Fun Day with Beechwood Junior and Adult 5 Aside Football tournament – Saturday 6th June 2020 CANCELLED
- Ladies Fundraising Lunch Friday 18th September 2020 CANCELLED
- 29th Annual Golf Day Tuesday 6th October 2020 – A great success while maintaining social distance under the Level 3 Guidelines.
- Christmas Carols for patients, their families and friends Sunday 6th December 2020 – CANCELLED
Over the years the friends have donated lots of new equipment…
Andago Gait Trainer
High Support Wheelchairs