“The Friends of the Royal Hospital Donnybrook is a charity dedicated to supporting The Royal Hospital Donnybrook and it’s patients. Our mission is to raise much needed funds to support research, equipment and capital projects which will enhance the facilities, comfort and care provided to the patients at the hospital.”
Watch our short video to find out more about The Friends
The Friends of The Royal Hospital Donnybrook (FRHD), founded by Mr. Dick Tennant, was registered as a Charitable Company in 1989.
The Friends and RHD have a wonderful collection of paintings by Irish and International artists which is on permanent display in the Hospital to be enjoyed by patients, staff and visitors.
Over the years “The Friends” have funded a number of research programmes and have made major contributions to capital projects such as upgrading wards and developing new services. Perhaps the most visible signs of The Friends’ contribution is in patient care where many valuable services such as additional ambulances, a coffee shop and a raised garden for patients have been provided. Most recently The Friends have purchased the ANDAGO, this is the first machine of its kind in Ireland. The Andago is a gait trainer which allows patients to walk in weeks instead of months.
We have recently taken delivery of 16 power wheelchairs which the patients of RHD will put to good use.
We are currently renovating two of the Family rooms in the hospital where patients and their families can enjoy a more comfortable space to be together.
We have ordered a new Wheelchair Accessible Bus for the hospital and hope to take delivery in June 2020.
“The Friends” have many events during the year;
- Robin Simpson Memorial Walk in Glendalough – Saturday, 25th April 2020 – POSTPONED
- Family Fun Day 5 A Side Football and More – 6th June 2020 in the grounds of RHD – NEW DATE 29th August 2020
- Annual Golf Classic Elm Park Golf Club Tuesday 30th June 2020 – POSTPONED date will be confirmed soon
- Fundraising Ladies Lunch in The Merrion Hotel Friday 18th September 2020
- Family Christmas Carols in the Concert Hall RDH (date to be confirmed)
Charity Number: 20025199